Young Adult Meet Ups (YAMU)
Young Adult Meet Ups are a social meetups designed for those starting with age 18! This is a unique program that allows the young adults to practice the ins and outs of social chit chat, decorum, and adult social expectations.
- The meetup begins with relaxed social chit chat over dinner to practice the social communication multitasking skills needed to foster relationships. Then it is on to board games adult like to play. These are often role related, problem solving, full of humor, and lots of back and forth talking and collaborating! Often it involves working on teams or learning to role with the social jokes and comments!
- Program similar in nature to what all adults do for social outings now that we are all grown up!
- This program is best suited for those that are verbal enough to understand topics or considered to be “high functioning.”
- Open to individuals 18 and older. Can still be enrolled in HS, a vocational ancillary program offered at HS level, post HS.
THIS PROGRAM IS RUNNING RIGHT NOW! It is called Young Adult 18+ MU on the sign up page
League of Friends (LOF)
League of Friends is a social meetup program that is all about getting out there and having social fun-out in the actual community! It’s all about having fun! For more details on this program visit our LOF page. All LOF activities are indicated by a *** on the enrollment page.
THIS PROGRAM IS RUNNING RIGHT NOW!
Adult Special Topics
Adult Special Topics is a social meetup program designed with communication, social relatability, and involvement at the ADULT level kept in mind. Staff will cover a series of social topics adults typically have challenges with but in a relaxed manner so that adults do not feel like they “are in a therapy group.” Often topics revolve around how to build and maintain social relationships with others, staying involved, getting involved, and what we personally bring to the table that may hinder or slow this down.
- This is a discussion based social event that has ice breaker activities mixed in with topic talk times and a relaxed social freetime to discuss what they want to!
- This program is best suited for those that are verbal enough to understand and discuss topics or considered to be “high functioning.”
- Open to individuals 18 and older.
THIS PROGRAM IS RUNNING RIGHT NOW! It is called Special Topic on the sign up page
Video Chats are offered through ZOOM, UTH’s web based video conferencing platform. The platform offers a unique way for UTH members to continue to connect even when distance seperates them.
Video chats are monitored and used for various purposes including continued communication practice, networking, building relationships, gaining feedback and offering reflection, and practicing for interviews.
YES THIS PROGRAM IS RUNNING AT THIS TIME
Job & Life Readiness Programs
Various programs available for individuals approaching 18, beyond 18, and those wanting to gain their first job.
Open enrollment for both the Female and Male Transitional Housing in addition to Basic Living Skills, Pre-Transitional and Post-Transitional programming!
Enrollment now open! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to gain more details.
UTH’s transitional housing is a one year program designed for those wishing to practice TRUE independence and the last step BEFORE living completely on their own. The transitional housing program at UTH is designed for high functioning adults who have demonstrated various pre-requisites and want an opportunity to refine them before doing their final “unenabled” launch.
• Co-habiting with other adults
• No live in “babysitter” as this program is not meant to enable
• Weekly meetings with our staff to focus on life skills, progress toward individually set goals (school, job, career, life skills, etc.), and conflict resolution at all settings
• Designed to mimic a real “move out” on your own, but with still guidance from staff
To gain details on pre-requisites and all programming details contact UTH
Rising Stars (RS)
Rising Stars is an 8 week program designed exclusively for those 18 and older need to grow into the leaders for tomorrow! This group is a offered through ZOOM, UTH’s web based e-learning platform and is “closed” group format meaning there is a designated deadline for enrollment (1/19/20) and no members will be added beyond that date.
Rising Stars focuses on goal setting, life ambitions, motivation, and habits that promote advocacy and confidence. Through the 8 week program of Rising Stars, individuals beginning at 18, can learn to develop character, confidence, and values that promote healthy life style choices as they move into adulthood. It focuses on self-awareness and related skills at the highest levels. Through a community based service learning project they focus on networking, time management, and other important transferable skills.
This program may also be completed through our Intensive Programming to allow flexibility in scheduling.
NOT RUNNING AT THIS TIME-KEEP CHECKING BACK
Sailing Into Adulthood! (SIA)
Sailing Into Adulthood is an 8 week program designed exclusively for the mid level functioning, 18 and older adults to grow into the leaders for tomorrow! This group is offered in a “closed” group format meaning a specific deadline for enrollment (1/19/20) exists and no members will be added beyond that date.
Sailing Into Adulthood focuses on structured transition to adulthood and focuses on social awareness & related skills at the mid level including more direct teaching and community based application of nonverbals, communication, and perspective taking. Through the 8 week program of Sailing Into Adulthood goals for individuals ages 18 and older learn to develop more consistent presentations of character, confidence, and values that promote healthy life style choices and build stronger relationships as they move into adulthood and transition into obtaining jobs.
Sailing Into Adulthood is designed for our mid level high functioning individuals to further focus on communication, team work, collaboration, and presentation of themselves to build relationship and character building skills. It has a mock community service project built into it so they can learn to problem solve and break down material but also work on presentation skills.
NOT RUNNING AT THIS TIME-KEEP CHECKING BACK