For enrollment for any of our programs listed on this page please call 1-866-857-7751 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
At United Through HOPE our Teen programs start with 6th grade and go through 12th.
Just Girl Time Please! (JGTP)
Just Girl Time Please! is a 2 hr group designed with Female Teens in mind! Staff will cover a series of
social topics that are relevant to female teens. Topics could include building relationships, navigating the challenges of relationships, being yourself among the crowd, and more.
- During the 2hrs the female teens will have relaxed discussion time and also they will have a site to social navigate (like the mall, an eatery, etc.) that is typical of a female desired hang out spot.
- This program is best suited for those that are verbal enough to understand and discuss topics or considered to be “high functioning.”
- Open to females enrolled in 6th-12th.
Summer 2019 Please look at the stand alone meetups. JGTP will resume in fall 2019 after a short break for the summer.
Teen Talk (TT)
TeenTalk is a 2 hr group designed with Teen issues in mind! Staff will cover a series of social topics teens typically have challenges with but in a relaxed manner so that teens do not feel like they “are in a therapy group.” Often our topics revolve around how to build and maintain social relationships with others, staying involved, getting involved, and what we personally bring to the table that may hinder or slow this down.
- During the 2hrs this program has ice breaker activities mixed in with topic talk times and a relaxed social freetime to discuss what they want to!
- This program is best suited for those that are verbal enough to understand and discuss topics or considered to be “high functioning”.
- Open to individuals enrolled in 6th-12th.
Middle School /High School Meet Ups (MSMU/HSMU)
- Middle School or High School Meet Ups (you pick the appropriate grouping) are a 2 hr group designed for just the Middle Schooler or just our High School Aged members! This is a unique program that allows the teens (6-8th or 9th-12th) to practice the ins and outs of social chit chat, decorum, and expectations at restaurants, the middle school way!
- Meet at our site, then chat to and from the eatery, learn to budget, tip, and stay involved while eating.
- Allows parents and teens to start the dialogue about money, realistic expectations, and social decorum. Program similar in nature to lunch at school, but builds stamina due to 2hr length.
- Special needs can be accommodated; however, this program is best suited for those that are verbal enough to understand topics or considered to be “high functioning.”
- Open to individuals enrolled in 6th-8th and 9th-12th
League of Friends (LOF)
League of Friends is a 2 hr program that is all about getting out there and having social fun. It is a combination of outings out in the community at local teen hangouts and events hosted at our site. Geared for those in 6th-12th grade. It’s all about having fun! For more details on this program visit our LOF page.
Teen Talk Special (TTS)
Teen talk Special (TTS) is a 2 hr program that covers special topics geared for those in 6th-12th!
The special topics are designed to be an open discussion format and touch on personal issues affecting teens.
The special topics for January-May 2019 are:
3/10/19 Bullying vs Teasing: Dealing and Moving Past It
5/10/19 #MeToo Being careful in the social media and technology age
5/17/19 Recognizing and Respecting Boundaries in the Teen “Like Like You” World
For more details or to enroll contact us.
Teen Allstars (AS)
Teen Allstars is a 2 hr program that is all about thinking, problem solving, initiating, communicating, and getting used to navigating the social ins and outs of life.
- Geared for those in 6th-12th grade.
- Teen Allstars for 6th-12th is designed with the verbal teen in mind who may be more shy, reserved, or those needing to practice reducing impulsivity, improving staying on topic, working on sportsmanship, improving on the give and take of conversation, developing patience, and using forward thinking.
- For more details on this program visit our Allstars page.
Teen Allstars For Job Success (ASJS)
- Teen Allstars for Job Success is NEW! It is specifically designed for those teens 15-18 who are wanting to work on the soft skills associated with gaining a job. The focus of Teen Allstars for Job Success is to gain the communication, problem solving, professionalism, and listening skills needed to apply and maintain a job.
- For more details on this program contact us for the enrollment forms.
- This program runs concurrently with the Teen Allstars sessions. For the dates see the Allstars page.
- Centauri is a set of mini workshops that address specific job readiness areas.
- An individual can participate in Centauri starting at 16 yrs old.
- For additional program details please see the Centauri description on the late Teen/Young Adult page.
- Contact us for the enrollment forms.
Teen Community Meetups (SMU)
Our Teen Community Meetups are designed with our 6th-12th in mind who may be busy but still want to come out and have some social fun!
- There are different meet ups to choose from at various locations, days, and times.
- The meetups are all themed and some are done in conjunction with other programs we are running so they may run into someone else they know!
- The meetups offer the challenge of coming out for something where they may not know everyone and have to navigate social expectations of joining in and being flexible.
- The meetups also occur in between the big programs (like meetups in Jan when things are not quite revved up yet or over 50 meetups offered during the summer for summer fun!)
- 2 types of meetups are possible:
- One is just for new members or those who have been in our programs at one point.
- The other is meetups that are open to the ENTIRE family (moms, dads, siblings) so everyone can hang out together.
- Check out Summer 2019 Lineup for the Summer Meetup!!!! Information with event dates!
- To see what we are offering head over to the meetups page!
For enrollment for any of our programs listed please call 1-866-857-7751 or email us at email@example.com