For enrollment for any of our programs listed on this page please call 1-866-857-7751 or email us at email@example.com
At United Through HOPE our Teen programs start with 6th grade and go through 12th.
Just Girl Time Please! (JGTP)
Just Girl Time Please! is a 2 hr group designed with Female Teens in mind! Staff will cover a series of
social topics that are relevant to female teens. Topics could include building relationships, navigating the challenges of relationships, being yourself among the crowd, and more.
- During the 2hrs the female teens will have relaxed discussion time and also they will have a site to social navigate (like the mall, an eatery, etc.) that is typical of a female desired hang out spot.
- This program is best suited for those that are verbal enough to understand and discuss topics or considered to be “high functioning.”
- Open to females enrolled in 6th-12th.
Teen Talk (TT)
TeenTalk is a 2 hr group designed with Teen issues in mind! Staff will cover a series of social topics teens typically have challenges with but in a relaxed manner so that teens do not feel like they “are in a therapy group.” Often our topics revolve around how to build and maintain social relationships with others, staying involved, getting involved, and what we personally bring to the table that may hinder or slow this down.
- During the 2hrs this program has ice breaker activities mixed in with topic talk times and a relaxed social freetime to discuss what they want to!
- This program is best suited for those that are verbal enough to understand and discuss topics or considered to be “high functioning”.
- Open to individuals enrolled in 6th-12th.
Middle School /High School Meet Ups (MSMU/HSMU)
- Middle School or High School Meet Ups (you pick the appropriate grouping) are a 2 hr group designed for just the Middle Schooler or just our High School Aged members! This is a unique program that allows the teens (6-8th or 9th-12th) to practice the ins and outs of social chit chat, decorum, and expectations at restaurants, the middle school way!
- Meet at our site, then chat to and from the eatery, learn to budget, tip, and stay involved while eating.
- Allows parents and teens to start the dialogue about money, realistic expectations, and social decorum. Program similar in nature to lunch at school, but builds stamina due to 2hr length.
- Special needs can be accommodated; however, this program is best suited for those that are verbal enough to understand topics or considered to be “high functioning.”
- Open to individuals enrolled in 6th-8th and 9th-12th
“Sister Hood” 6th-8th (MS) or 9-12th (HS)
This program is for females in 6th-8th (MS) OR 9th-12th (HS) to bond as females while improving their social, emotional, and physical health. Each week there is a female oriented topic, a team work oriented activity, and freetime to socialize. At the end there is a celebratory “walk & celebration” to honor Sister Hood!
League of Friends (LOF)
League of Friends is a 2 hr program that is all about getting out there and having social fun. It is a combination of outings out in the community at local teen hangouts and events hosted at our site. Geared for those in 6th-12th grade. It’s all about having fun! For more details on this program visit our LOF page.
Teen Talk Special (TTS)
Teen talk Special (TTS) is a 2 hr program that covers special topics geared for those in 6th-12th!
The special topics are designed to be an open discussion format and touch on personal issues affecting teens.
Video Chats are offered through ZOOM, UTH’s web based video conferencing platform. The platform offers a unique way for UTH members to continue to connect even when distance seperates them.
Video chats are monitored and used for various purposes including continued communication practice, networking, building relationships, gaining feedback and offering reflection, and practicing for interviews.
Teen Allstars (AS)
Teen Allstars is a 2 hr program that is all about thinking, problem solving, initiating, communicating, and getting used to navigating the social ins and outs of life.
- Geared for those in 6th-12th grade.
- Teen Allstars for 6th-12th is designed with the verbal teen in mind who may be more shy, reserved, or those needing to practice reducing impulsivity, improving staying on topic, working on sportsmanship, improving on the give and take of conversation, developing patience, and using forward thinking.
- For more details on this program visit our Allstars page.
Job Readiness Programs
- Team Work Skills NEW! It is specifically designed to work on networking, critical thinking, and problem solving as a TEAM.
- Middle Skill Job Exploration NEW! Sessions related to exploring the accessible job sector of middle skill jobs (need a HS or less than a 4 yr college education)
- Soft Skills for Job Success. It is specifically designed for those who are wanting to work on the soft skills (communication, problem solving, conflict resolution, and more) associated with gaining and maintaining a job.
- Entry Level Career Exploration & Skills Needed for Job Success focuses on the entry level job options, exploration of them, and all the parts that go into getting a job and maintianing that entry level position.
- Centauri are stand alone topics that are relevant to Job Readiness.
- Intensives are designed just for a particular individual to refine, hone, and further develop an indivdual’s specific needs.
- TWC programs-various programs UTH is a vendor for TWC for
- Job Exposure Program-a program designed for hands on experience
Teen Community Meetups (SMU)
Our Teen Community Meetups are designed with our 6th-12th in mind who may be busy but still want to come out and have some social fun!
- There are different meet ups to choose from at various locations, days, and times.
- The meetups are all themed and some are done in conjunction with other programs we are running so they may run into someone else they know!
- The meetups offer the challenge of coming out for something where they may not know everyone and have to navigate social expectations of joining in and being flexible.
- The meetups also occur in between the big programs (like meetups in Jan when things are not quite revved up yet or over 50 meetups offered during the summer for summer fun!