About United Through H.O.P.E.
United Through H.O.P.E., Inc. is a 501c3 nonprofit organization started in 2012, located in the North Texas area, with locations in both Denton and Frisco. Both locations are in renovated homes which highlight our emphasis on a naturalistic atmosphere where real life, naturalistic opportunities can unfold.
Through various programs, United Through H.O.P.E.'s mission is to assist children and adults with social challenges to gain the social skills and leadership skills they need to become successful at home, school, and within their careers. The staff at United Through H.O.P.E., Inc. strongly believes that no one raises theirself, rather it takes a community of interested, imaginative, caring, and hopeful individuals to reach one's fullest potential.
- Our innovative social skills programs focus on developing leadership skills for individuals of any age, gender, or disability to become more socially adept.
- Each of the proven programs created by United Through H.O.P.E., Inc. are based upon the theory that skills should be taught globally in a naturalistic environment where practice leads to progress.
- All of our programs are designed to foster self-confidence, self-esteem, and a sense of belonging and empowerment.
- All of our programs are meant to be fun and age and/or developmentally appropriate. As learning is supposed to be engaging.
- We recognize that everyone is at different degrees of social adeptness and have designed multiple programs to fit varying needs, ages, goals.
- Many of our programs have off site components to build and practice a connection with the community and the skills to be successful within that setting.
- Each of our programs are meant to be non-exclusionary so anyone can participate. To be in our programs you do NOT have to be diagnosed, just have a social need. We practice inclusion so those with an identified issue or disability (such as AD/HD, Aspergers, autism, LD, intellectual or physical disability, anxiety, selective mutism, being bullied, feel left out, etc.) can participate fully.
- All of our programs are mixed age, gender, race, grade, challenges, etc. to foster tolerance, acceptance, guidance, leadership, awareness, and empathy.
- We do limit in each of our programs the number of individuals with severe challenges that are admitted to allow more staff time with all members enrolled.
- All of our programs have a high staff to member ratio.
- We also provide adjunct services (individual, parent, behavior, and family therapy) plus add on programs to broaden the generalization of the developing skills.